[Regia-NA] Hoods with Liripipes? Apology

NickBibby at aol.com NickBibby at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 11:35:57 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/20/2005 9:12:55 AM GMT Daylight Time,
gythe at snrd.freeserve.co.uk writes:

Back to the Bocksten Man. On the info I found on Marc Carlsons, clothing  of
the middle ages web pages. It says that the most recent C14 dating puts him
at between 1050AD and 1150AD is this incorrect then?
Thanks,
Nick.

No doubt I'm being super-stupid, but I can't find this on Marc's  web-pages.
Was this part of Margareta's 'recent' re-dating of several finds. I  have her
book on this re-dating process, but I don't think (I don't speak  Swedish)
that Bocksten was included. I would be very pleased to hear any more  info that
you have.
Thanks,
Hazel

Sorry Hazel. It's me that's being SUPER STUPID. I Got the info for the
Kragelund and Skjoldehamn tunics confused with the Bocksten info. Sorry if I
caused your pulse to race at the prospect of more period kit. And wasted your
time. ["If I only had a brain" he sings quietly to himself]
My apologies to anyone who may have got excited by this falsehood [get it?]
I am officially, AN IDIOT.
Sorry,
Nick.