[Regia-NA] incipient IL-Wi branch [Was: Depressed Anglo-Saxons]

Folo Watkins folo at advancenet.net
Wed Jun 9 03:14:43 EDT 2004

Hello! I am Folki Thorgilsson (Folo Watkins), who is trying to get the
Wi-Il group off the ground! If there's anyone else in Wisconsin or
Illinois, drop me a line please!

>Yes, really, Beloit. We are considering it. One of the reasons to join the
>newslist to see who is where and get contact info if possible. We're going
>to be terribly busy this Summer, though. We've got our own
>ceramic/woodworking business and we're going to be merchants at the
>Bristol Renn Faire for our first time this year. So... we won't have any
>weekend time available until after Labor Day. However, we only have two
>other weekend events planned (so far) other than Bristol. So, after the
>1st weekend in October we're free to get together with people.

Good luck at Bristol. Karen Bergquist, a member of the royal court, is an
old friend and also an expect in Anglo-Saxon costuming. If you have a
chance to see her, say Folo sez hey!

As far as organization, it has long been my belief that getting anything
started over summer is doomed, so I'm trying to gather up interested people
now and organizing something in September or October.

>And, is there any contact info for the "IL/WI" group forming?

That'd be me. I'm working on a web page for the unnamed Wi-Il group, and
may very well start a mailing list for the people in IL and WI so they can
discuss Regia matter only having to do with those states. Feedback about
these matters are greatly appreciated! We are putting out feelers to NWTA
and other living-history groups and recruiting among the more
accuracy-conscious Scadians.

Take care,

Folki