OT - [Regia-NA] Apologies

rmhowe MMagnusM at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 17 14:54:24 EDT 2004

J K Siddorn wrote:
 > Excuse me, but shouldn't this thread have an OT in front of it now?
 > I've the greatest respect for the SCA - no, seriously, I do - and
 > honestly believe that off topic conversations are an important means
 > of learning more about each others wider interests.
 >
 > It's just that the addition of  "OT" means that those who may not
 > share that interest do not have to download it should they so wish.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > Kim Siddorn,

Agreed.
I began by telling funny stories.
However, I found myself being called on the carpet.

My -sincere apologies- to everyone else not involved.

My opinions have a lot to do with my personal sense of ethics.
The longer I've been in the SCA, particularly after being
exposed to the Peerage politics, the more I find I agree with my
household's views and the less I agree with how the SCA is governed.

This is one very good reason I believe in promoting alternative
societies. So far none have taken root in NC to any degree although
I have serious hopes.

Let me say I love the concept behind the SCA and the behaviours
it says it promotes, but we also do NOT elect our leaders.

The BOD is self-electing/perpetuating from volunteers who -are-
and -are not- necessarily the best of the SCA with
opinions only and not votes solicited from the general populace.

There are those with the purest of motives, and there are those
with personal agendas involved. But when it gets bad it really
gets bad and the best seem to keep quiet and acquiesce all too
often. There should be term limits as with the U.S. presidency.

Magnus