[Regia-NA] Sumptuary Laws in Regia?

Jan Ward list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:13:13 -0700 (PDT)

I ran across a Regia page that showed the rank
structure of Regia membership, and what the individual
could wear for each rank.
I probably won't be visiting England (or even New
England) anytime soon, but when and if I ever get to a
real Regia event, I would really like to be able to
wear more than a sleeveless wool shift. First off, I
can't tolerate wool next to my skin. So what do I have
to do to graduate to linen?
Also, was there a craftsman class living in the larger
towns? I know that guilds are a much later invention,
but were there people who made a living producing
pottery and textiles and wood products in a workshop
environment?
Edwinna