[Regia-NA] Re: Hello (Jan Ward)

Tracie Brown list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:37:25 -0400

>From: Jan Ward <hawksbluff@yahoo.com>

>I've been in the SCA for around 20 years, with an
>Anglo Saxon persona. Can I continue to use my SCA
>name, or do I need to find a new one. I can't document
>"Edwinna" to the proper time-frame, but I'm sort of
>fond of it.

What about AEdwen, which is female and documentable?

You'll find a lot of SCA members scattered about on this
list.  I've been a member for ... well, I like to tell people
that I've been a member since before helms were required,
which is true. (Head protection was required, and helms were
almost universally used, but the rules had not been updated
to require actual metal helms.) (Which may explain a few
things.) My first event was in 1967, which makes me
practically period for Regia. ;^}

So now that I live in hot humid Georgia, I've decided to
become involved with a bunch of wool-wearing Anglo-Saxons and
Vikings. (Yes, my membership paperwork is coming, as soon as
I can get those photos.)

-- Tracie