[Regia-NA] Copper cauldrons

Linda Rice list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:21:59 -0400

Wow, what a great thread. I always learn so much here, thanks! Aly, do =
you have a picture of your
planter/cauldron?? I'd love to see it. I've got a whole pile of copper =
and brass pots of various
sizes and shapes, and I'd like to know which are correct and which can =
be modified into other
things or just tossed into the meltdown pile.  Several of them are =
rather expensive-looking
hammered fondue pots, with a tin lining, that I picked up cheaply. I'd =
love to go ahead and use
them, if I know that the shapes are correct.

Thanks!!

::Linda::

Aly wrote:  The cauldron I have used for years on the Medwaeg wic came =
from "Premus" and was sold
as a plant container- but because the inside is tinned it's perfectly =
OK.=A0 It was also declared one
of the most authentic shaped cauldron's on site by Roland.  However - it =
was the only one of its
kind in the batch at the shop, and many of them had holes in, some big - =
some pin-sized.=A0 Small
holes can be found by putting one's head inside the cauldron and looking =
for pinpricks of light.=A0 I
don't know what the reaction of other customers was to a woman putting =
cauldrons on her head one
after another, because I couldn't see - there was a cauldron on my =
head!=A0 -Aly=20

In a message dated 11/09/2003 18:47:26 GMT Standard Time, =