[Regia-NA] Re: Copper cauldrons

J K Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:30:09 +0100

Now THAT is a very good point Bill, far more concerning than copper or lead
in your food.

Tanks that hold fluids under pressure often become saturated with the
materiel they contain, steel and copper included.

Who's got a Geiger counter?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me
than a free frontal lobotomy!

----- Original Message -----
From: <VIKING@inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk>
To: <list-regia-na@lig.net>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Regia-NA] Re: Copper cauldrons

> One reason I would be circumspect about using them for cooking, other than
their being copper, is the source.  I remember watching a documentary in the
UK about the metals industry in India, where I would almost bet these are
made (although I don't remember any tag other than "not for food use").
There is a lot of scrap metal used in products coming out of India.  In most
cases the scrap was from metal objects used in dangerous
processes...chemical drums, medical waste containers, and even radioactive
containers!  The program (or programme) was mainly about the horrible and
dangerous conditions that a good deal of Indian children are forced to work
in when retreiving this scrap...including cutting into old petrol tanks and
ship hulks that have been beached for scrap.  It really changed my mind
about buying cheap products from India, including the inexpensive weapons
and armor that are carried by a lot of the bigger name catalog outlets.