[Regia-NA] Another clothing question

Jan Ward list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:17:43 -0800 (PST)

Wimple and/or veil.
Where can I find patterns for these? Also, what
material, and what weight?
I've seen a reference to a "head-rail", described as
being around 22" X 44", draped over the head with one
end flipped across the opposite shoulder. Is this
accurate? And again, what fabric? Linen, fine wool,
silk?
I know I'm still a serf, but since it will take a
while to weave the new stuff, especially if I need to
spin it on a drop spindle too, it won't hurt to get
started now. Since I live here in the back of beyond,
unless I get to England I'll probably never see a real
regia event, and I plan to wear my handwoven
just-stepped-out-of-a-bog outfit to SCA events. I just
want it to be as "right" as it can be.
Edwinna