[Regia-NA] Regia Combat (was Greetings)

Brian Caruso list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:07:41 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

I tried to get together with the local SCA Barony out
here in So.Cal. None of the people I contacted seemed
interest in who I was and wanted to do. I finally was
able to contact the guy running the Fighter
practice(and he was like all the others). So I went
and it ended up just me by my self in this guys
backyard practicing hits on a pole( which is not bad
for practice, but I could have done that at home ). It
really turned me off to the SCA. Although that was a
couple years ago, and I heard they have a bunch of new
people running the Barony now so I might give it a try
again.

As for training for Regia combat( seeing as I can't
get to England to often) Are their any moves one can
practice at home to prepare for an event? I know you
have to go through their training before you can
fight, but is their anything one can do at home to
help?

I know I should not be thinking about combat when I
don't even have the clothing yet. So my next question
would have to be...what materials do I need to get
some clothing together?

Brian
P.S. thanks to eveyone who answered my "what is the
combat like question"