[Regia-NA] Regia Combat (was Greetings)

Chris Kerr list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:15:19 -0400

I will agree with what Mark has to say.  Regia combat is suprisingly fast.
I have no background with SCA combat, but years of Bayonette fighting, both
as a student and as an instructor while I was in the Army, have given me a
good set of skills to fall back on.  The real trick, as Andy put it, is to
get your shot in fast enough to beat out his defences and impress an
audience, and sill land it soft.  Takes some practice, and if you are
affraid of the occasional bruise you might need to re-think combat as a
hobby.  At Pim Hill this year someone shot at my shield but their sword
skipped off the boss of shield and clipped me under the chin.  No damage,
but I thought my head was going to fall off.  Hurt like hell.  I don't know
who did it, but I am 100% sure it was a total accident.

Chris