[Regia-NA] Regia Combat (was Greetings)

Chris Boulton list-regia-na@lig.net
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:21:18 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Caruso" <uriell666@yahoo.com>
> As for training for Regia combat( seeing as I can't
> get to England to often) Are their any moves one can
> practice at home to prepare for an event?

Well - spear training really needs to be done face to face, as it were, and
you need to complete your spear training before moving on to other weapons
really, but there is a method I used to enhance my sword control when I
first started using a sword.

I'd walk around the house waving it around - like in between the stair rails
and chair legs and stuff like that, the aim being not to touch anything, but
to make precise placements of the blade in the air at all sorts of odd
angles.

Then sometimes I'd go out in the garden and find a bush, and try to very
lightly but quickly touch a leaf that was behind some closer foliage - to
simulate getting around a shield - without touching anything but the target
leaf or even damaging that.

It did help, I found, to give me better control of the weapon and instil a
sense of what I could attempt safely and what I couldn't.

Quite what the neighbours thought I wouldn't like to say....

Chris.