[Regia-NA] OT- Cooking squirrels & hunting rabbits

mik lawson list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:45:55 +0100 (BST)

--0-663219474-1065617155=:38504

Oh my god!In the uk we don't have the restriction on suppressors but almost anything else to do with guns is banned.The lunacy that is British law states that the Grenade ring that holds my keyring together & on which i have my house keys is under the class 1 firearms act because it's part of a weapon;even though the uk goverment gave me the Grenade to chuck in the first place!{i was in the army at the time,honest!}.Technically even deactivated bullets come under the class 1 act{remember bullet belts from the 80's,illeagal}
At the moment in this country we are suffering from the tabloid papers latest crusade.There have been a lot of shootings in my area dispite the almost total ban on firearms over here.A footballer was shot in the butt which made a few people giggle{ok,i giggled} but the government can't figure out why gun crime is growing.I think the answer is the fact that the honest people who had guns were banned from keeping them & being honest they don't go out & buy thier own to replace them,whilst the criminals are finding machine guns easier to come by than ever before.People are arming themselves to protect them selves from armed criminals & then finding ammo expensive.Armed police on the streets of the uk are not far away i think,we already have permantly armed response units.
There is even talk of banning airguns,how rediculous{& yes i have seen close up the results of bullets entering the human body,not nice!} but even so it's the people not the guns who are unsafe.As Chris will tell you,if you are on someones property in this country & you are armed & with permission,if a member of the public out walking thier dog spotted you & reported it to the police you will quickly find yourself surrounded by helicopters & armed police because everyone is so paraniod about guns here.
Ok rant{?} over but i'm surprised to find silencers are banned?
Regards,
 mik

VIKING@inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk wrote:

Sorry, Chris, old bean, but if I remember correctly, hunting with a silencer, at least on a firearm, is a big no-no in most States.  I think you have to have a special license to actually own one, like for a machine gun.

Bill

(stranded amongst the heathen hordes)

Heaven doesn't want me & Hell is afraid i'll take over

---------------------------------
--0-663219474-1065617155=:38504

<DIV>Oh my god!In the uk we don't have the restriction on suppressors but almost anything else to do with guns&nbsp;is banned.The lunacy that is British law states that the Grenade ring that holds my keyring together &amp; on which i have my house keys is under the class 1 firearms act because it's part of a weapon;even though the uk goverment gave me the Grenade to chuck in the first place!{i was in the army at the time,honest!}.Technically even deactivated bullets come under the class 1 act{remember bullet belts from the 80's,illeagal}</DIV>
<DIV>At the moment in this country we are suffering from the tabloid papers latest crusade.There have been a lot of shootings in&nbsp;my area dispite the almost total ban on firearms over here.A footballer was shot in the butt which made a few people giggle{ok,i giggled} but the government can't figure out why gun crime is growing.I think the answer is the fact that the honest people who had guns were banned from keeping them &amp; being honest they don't go out &amp; buy thier own to replace them,whilst the criminals are finding machine guns easier to come by than ever before.People are arming themselves to protect them selves from armed criminals &amp; then finding ammo expensive.Armed police on the streets of the uk are not far away i think,we already have permantly armed response units.</DIV>
<DIV>There is even talk of banning airguns,how rediculous{&amp; yes i have seen close up the results of bullets entering the human body,not nice!} but even so it's the people not the guns who are unsafe.As Chris will tell you,if you are on someones property in this country &amp; you are armed&nbsp;&amp; with permission,if a member of the public out walking thier dog spotted you &amp; reported it to the police you will quickly find yourself surrounded by helicopters &amp; armed police because everyone is so paraniod about guns here.</DIV>
<DIV>Ok rant{?} over but i'm surprised to find silencers are banned?</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;mik<BR><BR><B><I>VIKING@inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>Sorry, Chris, old bean, but if I remember correctly, hunting with a silencer, at least on a firearm, is a big no-no in most States.&nbsp; I think you have to have a special license to actually own one, like for a machine gun.</P>
<P>Bill</P>
<P>(stranded amongst the heathen hordes)<BR><BR></P>
--0-663219474-1065617155=:38504--