[Regia-NA] Introduction and Questions

Hazel Uzzell list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:55:06 -0000

Hi Jan,
I have come a bit late to these postings about the Handbook.
The original members handbook is more than 10 years old and is sorely in
need of updating. It is quite large in its paper version..one inch or so
thick. There is an electronic version, with no pictures, which has been sent
to a few people.
The New Member's Handbook will be just one section of the new revised
version of the old handbook(I hope this is making sense!) It is meant for
new members as an introduction to Regia, and as it stands has no real info
on kit production etc.
We are hoping that the new revised handbook will address all of that.
A year ago (or more) I offered to co-ordinate the production of the
revision.
Martin Williams was doing the Church section. Martin Lathom was doing the
Norman section (which I believe he has completed) Andy Nicholson and, I
believe, Carolyn Priest-Dorman were doing the Celtic fringe and Viking
sections. I believe Roland Williamson had already checked through the Saxon
section and the Northern Wic produced the section for new members mentioned
earlier. Unfortunately circumstances forced me to hand over my co-ordinating
task to Steve Etheridge, the Authenticity Officer.
As far as I know, there are no, or at least, very few copies of the original
Handbook still in existance?
Maybe it would be a good idea, as a temporary stop gap, to have a small
print run of the old Handbook, for new members, both here and across 'the
pond' who are finding themselves a bit at a loss?
Ian seems to think that this would not be possible for technical reasons, so
has anyone else a solution?
Hazel