[Regia-NA] Introduction and Questions

Jan Ward list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:44:40 -0800 (PST)

What about just sending me the sections that deal with
kit--clothing, seating, eating, cooking and camping
gear. I'm too old to take up fighting, anyway.
I've downloaded instructions for making a geteld. I'm
dithering about whether to move over across the border
into the Danelaw, anyway, since there are lots more
Vikings to play with here than Anglo-Saxons. Means
I'll have to buy more new books, too.
Oh, and is there something like a name list, so I can
choose a new moniker, since "Edwinna" seems to be OOP?
I just got a new set of sample sheets from Robin and
Russ, and they have a fine bleached linen singles
yarn. I ordered a couple of large cones, 5-6 pounds,
so I can weave my shift, coif, and veil.
Do Anglo Saxon women wear winingas? What about Viking
women? Socks?
Edwinna