[Regia-NA] Swords/Gudrun/query

Kathy list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:15:54 -0800 (PST)

--0-588100957-1068740154=:63853

Hmm had to stop and think for a moment what a left pondian was..  But thanks for the clarification, Allan..  My we are all in a chatty mood this morning
Well it is morning here in Vancouver area..  late afternoon, early evening in Glagow??
And pray tell, M'Lord, why will there be no talk of ladles here? Hmmmm? Inquiring minds would like to know

Kathy
Ps..  i have a serious question for y'all.. My partner and i have 'personas' that come from two different cultures. Mine is a 12th century Celtic widow, lving on one of the Islands off the west coast of Scotland.. and my partner's is that of a Norse who came to my door one day, and actually  offered to buy some of my cattle to feed his men!  I was so surprised at his civility  that i invited him in to share my table and he has been around ever since..
now.. it is my understanding that  surnames as we know them now were not in use way back then  and  patronymics and so on were used to  indicate lineage and even place of origin.
Bjorn's last name is Kjeldsen.. and we are not sure if that is a place name or indicates he is the son of kjeld.   My persona's name is Catriona ingen Mhuirdeach..  We would like to find a translation that means  'wfie of kjeldsen "   any one have any brilliant ideas on the subject
Kathy

Allan McVie <amv2f@udcf.gla.ac.uk> wrote:
At 07:47 13/11/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Thats interesting to know that insurers consider swatting someone
>about the head and shoulders with live steel to be safer than playing
>Rugby! With or without padding...
>
>Trying to remember what a dane-ax looks like.. but i am pleased to hear
>there was a happy ending.
>Sounds like you folks have waaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much fun.
>
>Kathy

There may be a slight mix up here, when Andy is talking about live steel he
is meaning blunt not sharp which I have heard called live steel from left
pondians.

And Vara we will not have any ladle talk here ;-)

Allan (booking an appointment at the panel beaters for his helmet)

Allan McVie

28 Barlogan Quad.,
Glasgow
G52 1AH

0141 883 1624
amv2f@udcf.gla.ac.uk

--0-588100957-1068740154=:63853

<DIV>Hmm had to stop and think for a moment what a left pondian was..&nbsp; But thanks for the clarification, Allan..&nbsp; My we are all in a chatty mood this morning&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Well it is morning here in Vancouver area..&nbsp; late afternoon, early evening in Glagow??</DIV>
<DIV>And pray tell, M'Lord, why will there be no talk of ladles here? Hmmmm? Inquiring minds would like to know</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Kathy </DIV>
<DIV>Ps..&nbsp; i have a serious question for y'all.. My partner and i have 'personas' that come from two different cultures. Mine is a 12th century Celtic widow, lving on one of the Islands off the west coast of Scotland.. and my partner's is that of a Norse who came to my door one day, and actually&nbsp; offered to buy some of my cattle to feed his men!&nbsp; I was so surprised at his civility&nbsp; that i invited him in to share my table and he has been around ever since..</DIV>
<DIV>now.. it is my understanding that&nbsp; surnames as we know them now were not in use way back then&nbsp; and&nbsp; patronymics and so on were used to&nbsp; indicate lineage and even place of origin.</DIV>
<DIV>Bjorn's last name is Kjeldsen.. and we are not sure if that is a place name or indicates he is the son of kjeld.&nbsp;&nbsp; My persona's name is Catriona ingen Mhuirdeach..&nbsp; We would like to find a translation that means&nbsp; 'wfie of kjeldsen&nbsp;"&nbsp;&nbsp; any one have any brilliant ideas on the subject </DIV>
<DIV>Kathy <BR><BR><B><I>Allan McVie &lt;amv2f@udcf.gla.ac.uk&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">At 07:47 13/11/2003 -0800, you wrote:<BR>&gt;Thats interesting to know that insurers consider swatting someone <BR>&gt;about the head and shoulders with live steel to be safer than playing <BR>&gt;Rugby! With or without padding...<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Trying to remember what a dane-ax looks like.. but i am pleased to hear <BR>&gt;there was a happy ending.<BR>&gt;Sounds like you folks have waaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much fun.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Kathy<BR><BR><BR>There may be a slight mix up here, when Andy is talking about live steel he <BR>is meaning blunt not sharp which I have heard called live steel from left <BR>pondians.<BR><BR>And Vara we will not have any ladle talk here ;-)<BR><BR>Allan (booking an appointment at the panel beaters for his helmet)<BR><BR><BR>Allan McVie<BR><BR>28 Barlogan Quad.,<BR>Glasgow<BR>G52 1AH<BR><BR>0141 883 1624<BR>amv2f@udcf.gla.ac.uk