[Regia-NA] My input...

Brett W. McCoy list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:21:44 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Tate William T Jr TSgt 352 OSS/SCSC wrote:

> It really can't be said that I am a big SCA fan...my only real beef is it
> bills itself as a reenactment organization, but that is a whole different
> can of worms.

I'll stand up for the SCA here and say that most serious SCA folks don't
speak of the SCA as a historical re-enactment group, but more as
historical re-creation (or recreation :-) ).  In some ways it bears more
similarities to LARP groups, except all of the role playing is focused on
invented historical personae rather than fantasy/swords-n-sorcery
characters.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
You can get *anywhere* in ten minutes if you drive fast enough.