[Regia-NA] Re: [Regia] Re: documentation and misunderstandings

Schuster, Robert L. list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:20:08 -0600

  But if they ask for
our help, don't expect a t-tunic answer...

--oh i very much agree but i can understand some of Lori's frustration,=20

i have been trying to catch up on this thread and must admit some of the =
answers she got (even though they may have been meant to be very =
genuine) confused me and did seem a bit "less friendly than normal", but =
as someone else mentioned that is one of the pitfalls of an elist, =
emotion doesn't translate well in email.

to be honest with you all the tent discussion is really all up in the =
air IIRC

i have done quite a bit of research on the extant tents/frames, Oseberg =
and Gokstad and i can recall ANY fabric remains.
(this is a total hunch here but there is a much earlier grave dug up in =
the same area as Gokstad that was described as "chieftainly" (more info =
on request) but due to some odd (i cant recall the exact reason at the =
moment) circumstance nothing remains of the artifacts taken from that =
early dig, my hunch is that another frame was probably among those lost =
artifacts, but alas $1.00 and a hunch will get you very little these =
days;)

Now i may be mistaken so i have pulled out my copy of the Gokstad report =
that i keep here at work (and i think i have the 3 vol SH report here =
somewhere too but i might not) and i will be going thru it to verify, =
but at this point all material information is conjecture, though i do =
understand the side of the argument about the color Lori wanted to use.