[Regia-NA] Re: Viking naval warfare

Brian Lathrop list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:14:04 -0700

Greetings,
The History of Olav Trygvason in Snorre Sturlason's Heimskringla describes the
battle of svold. Also King Harald's Saga describes the Battle of Nissa, a naval
battle that accured at the mouth of the River Nissa in August 1062 (King
Harald's Saga, Penguin Classics, 1966, ISBN 0-14-044183-2)

 :^] Thorkel