[Regia-NA] shoes

Matthew Marino list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:37:30 -0400

It's not so bad. I used an edge-flesh seam to join the upper and sole.
I used an awl much like a bee stinger. short, sharp and curved with a
1/2 radius, wax it often. So, your never going right through the 12oz.
As for the turn, agian, it's more patience than strength. If you turn a
little then put it down, turn a little and put it down again, eventualy
you've got it. If you try to put the gorilla grips on it and turn it by
force you'll likely just tear out a seam or two.

It's worth the effort because a sole like that a.) lasts, b.) blocks
the bumps from your foot and c.) helps the rest of the shoe know which
way is down.