[Regia-NA] shoes

J Hill list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:06:23 -0700

Ahhh.  I was thinking heavier than the upper.  :>)  It looks like you've
gone WAY heavier than the upper!  I'm not sure my hands could manage the
10-12 oz leather, but I'll try the shrink while wet trick.  I know I've used
that to stretch leather boots... it's a rare pair which need to be shrunk...
I have that extra wide foot, too. <G>  Jennifer

Wulfhere wrote:
Heavier or stiffer than what? I have used 10-12oz leather sole which is
right stiff with a 4oz upper. You need to soak it in cold water for a
looooong time and turn it patiently but it can be done. Even on a size
8EEE with a 1 piece upper. Wear them proudly around the house while
soaking wet and they will stretch and shrink to become like a second
skin only tougher.