[Regia-NA] Q re: leather

rmhowe list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:10:02 -0400

Ian Uzzell wrote:
> Vegetable tanned is what you should have for our period.
>
> Ian
>  From: J Hill <mailto:welshladygwen@citlink.net>
> When you are working w/ leather, do you prefer vegetable tanned
> leather?

Tell me that 1915 Royal Society of Irish Antiquaries is out of
copyright and I may be able to educate you a bit on differences.
It would appear that sour milk was another tanning method.

AFAIK the 1978 Bern Convention says it is out of copyright
and the new copyright law shouldn't affect it.
But I have no idea how Crown Copyright laws are covered.

Magnus, who after 4 years finally got the journal on the oldest
Irish leatherwork with period sources discussing period methods
and laws applicable to tanning about ten days ago.