[Regia-NA] Dress in Anglo Saxon England

rmhowe list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:58:11 -0400

Eileen Young wrote:
> Hi,

> Vara said that it was hot.  HOT-not.
 > It is 111 degrees Farenheight around here.
 > That's hot and it will get worse.
 > We all are about to switch our personas to rich
 > Arabs and wear cotton.  Thanks heavens for air conditioning.!!!

What no Egyptian Gauze? No sultry servants with parasols and fans?
No fresh grapes and wine, fed as you recline?

Ask Master Yehudah and the Hordebrothers out there.

When the SCA Powers that be declared no bikinis at Pennsic,
we put up a page documenting them to SCA period.
The London well Leather Bikini bottom for example.

Personally, in my observation chain mail bikinis are ridiculous
though. Although there is a pair of chain mail shorts in the
Von Kienbusch Armour Collection at the Philadelphia Museum of
Art. Shaped like boxers.

> Be well,
> Eileen

Magnus