[Regia-NA] Incorporating?

J. K. Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 04:37:00 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C21E5D.71508790

Perhaps I ought to say that I, for one, do certainly not see the SCA =
(corporately or seperately) as any kind of enemy. Every single SCAnian I =
have met - either in the flesh or by means of an electron beam - has =
been friendly, helpful and open-handed. If all re-enactors were as good =
hearted as they, our "other world" would be the richer for it.

Just my experience, you understand ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

The early bird may get the worm -
but the second mouse gets the cheese!=20

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ealdric Frog_Hollow=20
  To: list-regia-na@lig.net=20
  Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 4:01 AM
  Subject: Re: [Regia-NA] Incorporating?

  I realize some may consider them the enemy, but you should talk to the =
SCA. Yes, they are bigger and richer, but they have been doing this for =
a while. Perhaps the best bet would be some of their groups who have =
incorporated separately. Also, they claim to be willing to help other =
groups get going. Some of you may know (or  be) former Board members or =
other knowledgeable folk.
  -Just an opinion.=20

  At 05:42 PM 6/27/2002, you wrote:

    >I just shot Jeff from the Red Company - 1471 (aka Historic =
Enterprises)=20

    Well, see this is why you might need insurance. ;D

    Seriously, In California, all I know is that if you request to =
reserve space in a county park, you get a price break if you are =
non-profit, and unless you want to keep your hacking and slashing a =
secret from the rangers (good luck), you need insurance.

    Thanks for the input you guys. I'm glad I could provoke a =
discussion.

  Ealdric of Frog Hollow
  "If the stars should appear but one night in a thousand years,...."

  Ealdric of Frog Hollow  ealdric@bellsouth.net

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C21E5D.71508790

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond>Perhaps I ought to say that I, for one, do =
certainly=20
not see the SCA (corporately or seperately) as any kind of enemy. Every=20
single&nbsp;SCAnian I have met - either in the flesh or by means of an =
electron=20
beam - has been friendly, helpful and open-handed. If all re-enactors =
were as=20
good hearted as they, our "other world" would be the richer for =
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond>Just my experience, you understand =
;o))</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Kim Siddorn.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The early bird may get the worm -<BR>but the second mouse gets the =
cheese!=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dealdric@bellsouth.net =
href=3D"mailto:ealdric@bellsouth.net">Ealdric=20
  Frog_Hollow</A> </DIV>
title=3Dlist-regia-na@lig.net=20
  href=3D"mailto:list-regia-na@lig.net">list-regia-na@lig.net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, June 28, 2002 =
4:01 AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Regia-NA]=20
  Incorporating?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT size=3D3>I realize some may consider them the =
enemy, but=20
  you should talk to the SCA. Yes, they are bigger and richer, but they =
have=20
  been doing this for a while. Perhaps the best bet would be some of =
their=20
  groups who have incorporated separately. Also, they claim to be =
willing to=20
  help other groups get going. Some of you may know (or&nbsp; be) former =
Board=20
  members or other knowledgeable folk.<BR>-Just an opinion. =
<BR><BR><BR>At 05:42=20
  PM 6/27/2002, you wrote:<BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dcite cite type=3D"cite">&gt;I just shot Jeff from =
the Red=20
    Company - 1471 (aka Historic Enterprises) <BR><BR>Well, see this is =
why you=20
    might need insurance. ;D<BR><BR>Seriously, In California, all I know =
is that=20
    if you request to reserve space in a county park, you get a price =
break if=20
    you are non-profit, and unless you want to keep your hacking and =
slashing a=20
    secret from the rangers (good luck), you need =
insurance.<BR><BR>Thanks for=20
    the input you guys. I'm glad I could provoke a discussion.<BR><BR>
    <HR>
    Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: <A=20
    href=3D"'http://g.msn.com/1hm1enus/c152??pi">Click=20
    Here</A><BR>_______________________________________________ =
list-regia-na=20
    mailing list list-regia-na@lig.net <A=20
    =
eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.lig.net/mailman/listinfo/list-regia-na</A> =

    </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><X-SIGSEP>
  <P></X-SIGSEP><FONT face=3D"Junius Rough" size=3D4>Ealdric of Frog=20
  Hollow<BR></FONT><FONT face=3DJuniusModern size=3D4>"If the stars =
should appear=20
  but one night in a thousand years,...."<BR><BR></FONT><FONT =
size=3D3>Ealdric of=20
  Frog Hollow&nbsp;=20
ealdric@bellsouth.net<BR></FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C21E5D.71508790--