[Regia-NA] Incorporating?

Douglas Sunlin list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:27:25 -0700

<DIV></DIV>
<P>All:</P>
<P>I had a talk with George Johnson recently. In another group the questions had arisen of insurance and non-profit status. I asked George what we had that would stisfy those needs, should we have a public event on county park land, for instance.</P>
<P>His reply is that we had none of either. Any paper that we get from the United Kingdom is only that, paper. If we wish to go "all the way" with Geforthan Strandi (ie: hold regular public events, battle re-enactments, etc.), we need to incorporate as a non-profit, then get insurance.</P>
<P>George assured me that he has a number of insurance companies in mind, but that they need us to become a non-profit corporation first.</P>
<P>Now this process doesn't require a lawyer. A constitution needs to be drawn up. I know our English friends are wincing at the thought of a man named George helping to draft a constitution, but that's the way it goes!</P>
<P>The company Nolo press provides guidebooks on how to do this:<BR><A href="http://www.nolo.com">http://www.nolo.com</A></P>
<P>It's not too difficult, somebody just needs to grab the reins on this. I'd be glad to do it, but California's so far from anyone else, and the officers of any corporation need to meet regularly.</P>
<P>Does anyone have input on this?</P>
<P>Douglas Sunlin<BR></P>
<DIV>&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt; &lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt; &lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt; </DIV>On manræden,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Osweald of Baldurstrand
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/California_Viking_Age