[Regia-NA] getelds

yolli list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:21:29 +0100

Hmmmm, our vike tent suffers from an 'accident at birth' as well.

Days ago......to be reasonably exact in 1992, the prevailing image was of a
trapezoidal structure ie; 'A' frames with three joining rails or beams
 they are strong ). But we did as the rest of Europe did ( see I like to
spread the blame ) hung the tent fabric on their frame and stretched the
fabric around the rails/beams - and by closing the doors, made quite a tight
fabric tent. When the doors were open, the door half is pulled through the
'A' frame and wrapped back around the frame upright. In this way it stays
put. The way we solved the bellying of the fabric down the side of the tent
was to put a crossbrace of rope on both sides of the tent. This crossbrace
also helps when the tent is 'boothed' and the rain doesn't puddle too much.

Actually, I can dole out the blame even further, I recall seeing tents with
external frames in Denmark in 1985.

Anyway, the trouble is that once you have a 'home', then to get the canvas
altered is a sod. You have to split the fabric down the halfway mark or at a
door end, and add some canvas into the scheme, then add fabric to the doors
at both their vertical ends and their 'hems'. I've found it better to just
to leave it be ( excuses, excuses ) and get a new improved one in due
course. The new add ons always look like after thoughts - but I guess I
shouldn't mind that the thing has 'patches'. Get real Roland, people fixed
things.

Roll.