[Regia-NA] getelds

Carolyn Priest-Dorman list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 20:17:12 -0400

Osweald wrote:

>ASK has some interesting info on Viking and getelds (or whatever the plural=
=20
>is):
>http://ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk/english17.html

It's nice that they've quantified their scheme so neatly.  That must make
it easy to crank out more of them!

Interesting that their Viking frames don't have the trapezoidal effect of
the originals--side rails and roof beam are all the same length in their
version.  And, like most people, they've made the frame an exoskeleton.  My
husband is convinced it should be an endoskeleton.

Their getelds are cute.  They're sort of like ours, but we don't have the
belled apses, and our eaves look a little different.  Also, ours are much
taller:  10 feet.

Carolyn Priest-Dorman              =DE=F3ra Sharptooth
 http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~capriest/thora.html

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if
you can't see where it keeps its brain."=20
                                                         -- J.K. Rowling