[Regia-NA] an introduction

Peter James list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:37:57 +0100

Hi.

Coming late to this thread but I have heard another theory. The small
stones may have been used to compare the purity of silver offered to the
owner.

Apparently if (first thing in the morning) you mark your stone with a
piece of silver of known purity, you can compare the mark made with
another made by a silver item offered by a trader.

If the marks are the same the purity is the same, if not, buyer beware !

Pete