[Regia-NA] Ring-pins - going OT

clare power bjartney at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 11:48:28 EDT 2006

HI Andy and all

  This isn't great timing - I'm just making Bjartney's dad into a rich merchant to explain the odd thing here and there.  Oh well better luck next time :-)

  Cheers
  Clare

  Now about my horse bit

      one of the reasons why Regia tends not to use Gotland material is that, as a trading entrepot, it cannot be defined as 'typical' for western European Vikings - and we have very little evidence for eastern Vikings, or their clothing styles, in the British Isles*. Nope, we don't go for 'eastern trader Viking' syndrome, where you get to 'cherry-pick' your favourite Viking styles from around the world, we are not purveyors of the exotic - no furry hats here ;-). Eastern kit is generally only allowed when we do Hardrada events - its difficult to provenance otherwise.