[Regia-NA] Wake UP!

Folo Watkins folo at advancenet.net
Mon Jan 9 18:25:56 EST 2006

>Additionally, many are piggy-backing onto SCA events
>
>--Just my two cents while it works ok in the beginning, in the long run
>you will want to avoid this.

I agree. I'm doing it at our event in two weeks, but in the long run, it
might backfire and Regia is regarded as just another household in the SCA.
We will be having a class on dark age reenacting at the upcoming event, and
prolly a later meeting for Micel Folcland. Most meetings have been separate
from SCA events and will be in the future, and we're making a point to have
an independent event this spring. We're trying to get a gig at Jubilee, a
June Old English fair near Peoria, Ill. where the SCA and other lh groups
participate. Last year, trying out our legs, we set up a Regia LHE in the
SCA camp; now that we know we can do it, we're going to try to stand on our
own wobbly legs!

Cheers, Folo