[Regia-NA] Re: Jorvik shoes and toggles

Ben Pyles ishieben at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 16:04:46 EDT 2005

Yolli <yolli at lineone.net> wrote:

HOWEVER he shouted, there are heaps of shoes from Northern Europe that
are toggled on the outside for sure, unless of course their toes were
longer on the little toe - always a possibility.

Can you post some of those references? They don't seem to be showing up in the stuff I have found... (not being antagonistic... I would just like to have it in hand before saying anything)

AND, as far as re-enactorisms are concerned, there are far more shoes
and shoe fragments that are laced in some way. The Latchet or Toggle is
pretty rare in reality.

Agreed...

Robert of Roelent