[Regia-NA] Hoods with Liripipes?

NickBibby at aol.com NickBibby at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 03:38:39 EDT 2005

Back to the Bocksten Man. On the info I found on Marc Carlsons, clothing of
the middle ages web pages. It says that the most recent C14 dating puts him at
 between 1050AD and 1150AD is this incorrect then?
Thanks,
Nick.
gythe at snrd.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> I'd  like to make myself a hood and am just in the research stages. Are
>  there any extant
> hoods from Regia's period? Also, are there any good  resources re hoods
> that I should look
> for?

Not  that I know of. There are some manuscript pictures, but they tend to be
of  monks, with cowl type hoods.
We decided to go for plain as possible, with V  shaped inserts either at the
throat or on the shoulders.
I have just  made myself a cowl type hood. At least I know that they were
around!
Cheers,
Hazel