[Regia-NA] Re: [Regia] Tablet Weaving Loom - Constructing One?Thanks!!!!!

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 17 04:26:48 EDT 2005

Cuthwyn wrote:

> I don't think I would have stood a chance of learning to weave from that
> book - brilliant as it is for later.  Strongly suggest you find someone to
> show you how, then go back to the book.
>

> Aly

When you get a bit more advanced you need to begin buying books from
Arelate Studios and White Wolf and the Phoenix. Mistress Ingvild/Nancy
Spies has written some outstanding books on historical patterned weaves
and the others are nearly as good as to patterns. These people have
probably done more tablet weaving than almost anyone else in the
medieval fashion. I have 5 or six of their combined books.

Arelate Studio
1725 Trotting Court
Jarrettsville, MD 21084
410-692-2076
Eclesiastical Pomp and Aristocratic Circumstance
A Thousand Years of Brocaded Tabletwoven Bands
by Nancy Spies.   ISBN 061511681-7 $40  2000

Magnus