[Regia-NA] good linen prices?

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 26 02:59:57 EDT 2005

Jenn wrote:

> The dog?  It smelled of steak or was he wishing?  Oh, dear.
> I haven't had one eat the warp, however, I did have one eat all the
> living room upholstery & another took out my auto upholstery.
> I share your pain. <G>  Jennifer
>
> Jennifer Hill
> Ælfgifu
> Cynn Readheort

At our house when I was young the damned thing ran out the door
with the Thanksgiving Turkey. We didn't have turkey that Thanksgiving.
Snatched it right off the table just as soon as my mother had turned
her back to head back into the kitchen. We hadn't sat down to dinner
yet.

I never thought of it before but that was the same dog the
lightning hit within five feet of twice, and that I had an
arrow bounce about sixty degrees sideways into its shoulder
off the hard ground. When I was in my teens I shot about
twenty hours per week with a bow and competed. When I got
tired of long distance shots I would take a rope with a
knot in its end toss it and aim for the snake's head.
Stood me in good stead once, but the dog wasn't quite so
lucky. Fortunately it was a target arrow and it only penetrated
the shoulder by about an inch or so. The dog survived.

I imagine that dalmatian wondered for half its life what it had
done to screw up it's karma. The first time the lightning
struck we were walking side by side on a country road.
The next time I was seated twenty-five feet away on the
porch. Both times that dog disappeared for days.
Perhaps it was the ghost of Thanksgiving past.

Magnus