[Regia-NA] Anglo-Norman Studies XXVII

Phil Scott phils at clara.net
Wed Jul 13 13:55:02 EDT 2005

Volume 27 of Anglo-Norman Studies hit my doorstep this morning. Topics covered are:

Probing the Passions of a Norman on Crusade: the Gesta Francorum at aliorum Hierosolimitanorum

Gilbert Foliet et l'Ecriture, un exegete en politique

Writing Warfare, Lordship and History, the Gesta Consulum Andegavorum's Account of the Battle of Alencon

Anglo-French Peace Conferences in the Twelfth Century

Peter of Blois and the Problem of the 'Court' in the Late Twelfth Century

Normandy and Norman Identity in Southern Italian Chronicles

Monastic Chronicles in the Twelfth Century Abruzzi

The Impact of Rebellion on Little Domesday

Setting Things Straight: Law, Justice and Ethics in the Orationer of Lawrence of Durham

The Angevin Kings and Canon Law: Episcopal Elections and the Loss of Normandy

Zooarchaeology of the Norman Conquest

Was Thomas Becket Chaste? Understanding Episodes in the Becket Lives

Volumes are usually about £45 from Boydell and Brewer, or are available at a discounted price to members of the Haskins Society http://www.haskins.cornell.edu/

Phil

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint.

When I ask why the poor have no food, they call
me a communist."

Dom Helder Camara
.