[Regia-NA] Film "The Vikings" trivia.

Folo Watkins folo at advancenet.net
Wed Jan 5 21:52:47 EST 2005

>So, does Regia dance upon the outboard oars coming into the dock?
>
>Loved that silly part myself.

Silly, but apparently authentic. Stunt men were supposed to do it, but Kirk
slipped his leash and did it himself, terrifying the director. The slip
into the drink was real, but on the whole Kirk did it better than the stunt
men (source: interview with the director, available on the DVD)

>Truly bizarre was the sequel, The Longships,

Not a sequel, even if Richard Widmark seemed to be channeling Kirk. I just
got the DVD at a special price; and even though most of it was silly beyond
belief, the scenes of the ships themselves were surprising well done. Not
enough to be pay the full price, but still pretty neat in widescreen!

Folo/Folki (film geek)