[Regia-NA] OT - joke

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 2 08:42:26 EST 2005

Kim Siddorn wrote:

> There were 3 drunks in a bar.
>
> The first was complaining about how he would get moaned at when he got home.
> No matter how quiet he was, SHE always heard him and the nagging started.
>
> The second agreed. He never managed to creep in unnoticed either.
>
> The third said he had the answer. He would go home, slam the front door,
> march noisily up the stairs, stride into the bedroom and announce in a loud,
> slurred voice, "My God, I feel randy".
>
> She would never wake up ..........
>
> Regards,
>
> Kim Siddorn

Begs the question - What works for you?

Myself, I have a glass of wine, an ounce of assorted drugs, and if she
is at all awake an hour of acupressure on the trigger points. If you
imagine that is delightful obviously you don't know what trigger points
do when you have about 75 or so of the things.

However, I never have to come home drunk announcing I am Randy.

I'm Magnus, and she knows exactly whom she's done well over 10,000
hours of massage/acupressure on the last 20+ years. The question
is who passes out first - possibly with her on top of me. That
combination of drugs and alcohol combined with decreasing pain
usually puts me out cold pretty quick. But it is not killing
my liver - I thought the brain was half dead but as some of us
old folks can tell you Aricept (like for Alzheimer's) works
right well - as long as I stay on the old dose and not the new
doubled dose that leaves me nauseous for 5 hours. Asked the
pharmacist about this and apparently it is a 24 hour drug and
taking it in small bits doesn't work any better.

For some odd reason, the alcohol delays the muscle cramps from
hitting at five hours, more like 8-12. At five hours the quinine,
anti-spasmodics, and pain drugs wore off. The melatonin, over the
counter makes for intense dreams and I can ignore even the snoring
groundhog next to me. Cramps in one or both legs, high, low or both
on both sides you can't ignore.

Keep smiling. I never thought it would happen to me either.

At least I am still good looking though for a very large
person. I never realize quite how large until I see a family
shot, say with me with the 4'8" mother in law and I am 6'3' and
twice her size. Rather like a barrel with a toadstool.
The Thanksgiving photo the wife took is hilarious.

Magnus