[Regia-NA] Re: how ya'll are?

Tracie Brown trbrown at uga.edu
Tue Aug 30 13:20:06 EDT 2005

Bill Tate and family are safely evacuated to Tennessee, but
things do not look good for his house, which is only about 3
blocks from the water in Biloxi.

We had a number of hurricane-spawned tornados near me in
Georgia, some fatal, but none of those touched down close
enough to do any damage. For an idea of how huge this
hurricane system is, I live over 450 miles from Biloxi.

For anyone wanting to do something for disaster relief, I
encourage you to donate *money* to the Red Cross or the
disaster relief organization of your choice.  They don't need
and can't use donations of stuff -- clothes, food, blankets.
Money needs no storage space, needs no "transportation,"
can't spoil or go bad, and can be easily converted into those
supplies and services needed for disaster relief.

And keep praying -- it's not over yet.

-- Tracie