[Regia-NA] Re: [Regia] Hastings event information

Kim Siddorn kim.siddorn at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 14:21:19 EDT 2004

The news came direct from Sandie Gilbanks of  The Vikings.

The Battle of Hastings re-enactment this year is a one day event on 10th
October only. This is from the EH website.

There is NO certainty of a major Battle of Hastings re-enactment in 2005 OR
2006.

This is what she said.

--- In The-NADARA-List at yahoogroups.com, "Sandie Gillbanks"
<sandieg at a...> wrote:
This has literally just hit my inbox, sorry everyone, but that's where
it stands

Sandie

 Sandra Orchard
Sent: 11 September 2004 14:10
Subject: [VMAIL] Battle of Hastings 2005

We have just been informed by EH that they are postponing the next big
Battle of Hastings until 2006, on the grounds that the 940th
anniversary of the Battle is the more appropriate year to hold it on.

We do not know yet whether there will be the usual smaller event on in
2005, but assuming there is, guests are welcome under the usual rules,
particularly if they had already booked their flight to attend, on the
assumption it would be a mega event.

Please can anyone with overseas contacts or access to re-enactment
bulletin boards ensure the message gets spread as quickly as possible.
Also, please make it clear there is no guarantee of a large event in
2006 - its just pencilled in as far as EH are concerned. We will
update you on that as soon as we know more.

Please give our apologies to anyone who had already made plans around
2005 but the decision was not ours to make.

            Best wishes
            Sandra

Sandra Orchard
The Vikings