[Regia-NA] Hello

Martin Field marfield66 at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 18 23:59:55 EDT 2004

Hello Eric
Thanks for your interest in Regia Anglorum and for introducing yourself.
I am also especially interested in the Englisc resistance after the infamous
'incident' on Senlac Ricg !
Many people unfortunately are not aware of any such resistance and popular
history does'nt seem to cover that period with the attention it deserves.
Anyway, as far as members near to where you live we have a lady in Hemet
which is approx. 80 mls north of you. She is very much into the textiles and
natural dying so perhaps there is common ground between her and you or your
wife.
We also have three other active members and they are in the Bay area - two
of whom recently took part in a film shoot that will be appearing in an
episode on the History channel under the name 'Command Decisions'.
The specific episode covering the Battle of Hastings is scheduled to air on
18th November on the History channel so you will have an opportunity to see
them and other Regia members who came from Phoenix, AZ and the Portland
area, Oregon!
Either way you would not be far from support and guidance as members have
the benefit of joining both the UK and N.A member-only elists as well as
receiving our New Member Kit Handbook that gives a thorough introduction to
Regia and our system of organization as well as featuring patterns for
costumes, shoes and many other helpful guidelines.
I'll be glad to hear from you if have any further questions.
Please take a moment to visit our N.A members website at www.ranamember.org
for further information if you have'nt already done so.
Look forward to hearing from you.
All the best
Martin Field - N.A Membership Sec.