[Regia-NA] The Nasal: What's it for?

PAUL WADDINGTON waddingtonpaul at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 05:04:34 EDT 2004

A nasal bar gives some protection to the face without cutting your vision,
it actualy does a pretty good job of blocking cuts to the face. As for cheek
plates , they were certainly used earlier in the Saxon period on the Pioneer
and Coppergate helm's but seem to go out of fashion later on.
Cheers
Paul