[Regia-NA] Stolen Swords

Steve Etheridge seibhyrt at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 05:48:29 EDT 2004

Hi, Guys

On Tuesday night, I had two swords stolen from the back of my car.  Twit me
if you like for leaving them there, it can't be worse than I've done to
myself.  Fortunately, nothing else of value was stolen.  What makes it worse
was that one sword did not belong to me.

I know that this is a long shot, and they are more than likely to make an
appearance at a Cardiff boot sale over the weekend.  However, if anyone does
see or hear of them I would be deeply grateful.

The first sword is a Paul Binns blade, about 9 years old, still in good
nick.  Blade length is approx 35", triangular pommel with silver inlay lines
on the cross and pommel guard.  Associated scabbard  is a little worn, with
two belt suspension loops.

The second sword is a binns blade with "blue" fittings.  Blade length is
26", somewhat notched but still servicable. Steel curved crossguard and
bronze trilobe pommel.  Answers to the name of "short and blunt".
Associated scabbard and integral swordbelt.

Both swords are combat legal.  If anyone has information that leads to their
return I will be grateful.  I would also like to know if anyone has photos
of them that I could pass on to the police should they ever turn up.  As I
said, a long shot.

Steve Etheridge