[Regia-NA] Pottery question

t_neill t_neill t_neill at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 10:30:22 EDT 2004

>This site seems to have some potentially useful period pots:
>http://www.northerner.com/indexes/historical_pottery_1.html
>Does anything there look acceptable?

The viking age pitchers on page 3 are good.  Except that the decoration on
them looks like decoration on a pitcher that's been buried for 1200 years,
instead of a new pitcher.  I recommend buying the one with no decoration and
decorating it yourself.

The prices are FANTASTIC!  I paid $70 at 2001 exchange rates for the
undecorated one at the Trelleborg museum in Denmark.

This same site also has wonderful reproduction glass.  I have a viking
conical glass, a saxon claw beaker and a 6th cetury frankish glass from
them.  Very good stuff.

- Anarra/Terry