[Regia-NA] A good time was had

VIKING at inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk VIKING at inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 13:51:57 EST 2004

Hi Sid,
It was great to finally meet up with you too!  We're working on a few things to get more central in the region.  I'll keep you informed.  Of course you are very welcome to come over for the Ocean Springs Renn Faire next month.  I can't promise you onsite accomodations, but I do have a big house available for crashing.
I haven't had much time to write up what we did at Gulf Wars, but it did work out pretty well.  The Danelaw members put in a lot of hard work and I was very appreciative and proud that they stuck to authenticity guidelines despite the heat.  Our site comprised three tents, one of which was a trader style which we used as a work shelter.  Although we didn't get much crafty-bits done, Russ managed to cut out some bone plaques to eventually become weaving tablets, Malinda stung up the Oseberg tablet loom and got a fair bit of weaving done, and Tracie and Anne did a spectacular job of cooking a period meal.  We all also talked to quite a number of people!  I would have liked to have had more than a day on site, and we have been asked back by Erik for next year.

Bill

> Message date : Mar 26 2004, 05:12 PM
> From : Utedog1 at cs.com
> To : list-regia-na at lig.net
> Copy to :
> Subject : [Regia-NA] A good time was had
> I had a great, albeit brief, time meeting the folks at the Gulf Wars LHE last
> week. You all made me feel very welcome. I am really excited about joining,
> etc., now, if we can just get an LHE happening less than 8 hours away, I'll be
> in heaven!
>
> :) Sid
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime