[Regia-NA] Marylanders

Russ Holmes haldans at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 13:48:47 EDT 2004

WOW!  I think I'd have started riding a bike... :)

I agree that the area could support a Regia group but I didn't want to
be the one that put the idea out there.  (after all, I'm a transplant
not a native of the area and i don't want to step on toes....)

Thanks again!

Russ

--- Tracie Brown <trbrown at uga.edu> wrote:
> Russ --
>    Quantico may be in the same state as Alexandria, but it's
> an hour or so away -- more if the traffic is bad. It also
> depends on what part of Alexandria you're talking about.  If
> you haven't run into it yet, you will --  the Washington-
> Baltimore area is one of thse places where, when you ask "how
> far is it?", the answer is in units of time, not distance.
> Last time I lived up there, my commute to work was 1-1/2
> hours each way by car, 2 hours by public transportation. The
> distance was 21 miles. (Bowie to Crystal City, crossing two
> state lines, going through DC, which was the fastest but not
> shortest way.)
>
>    Maybe now would be a good time to point out that the
> Virginia-Maryland-DC-Delaware area could sustain a Regia
> group...
>
> -- Tracie/Signy

=====
"The moral difference between a soldier and a civilian is that the soldier accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he is a member. The civilian does not." - Robert Heinlein