[Regia-NA] Marylanders

Tracie Brown trbrown at uga.edu
Wed Jun 30 13:42:34 EDT 2004

Russ --
   Quantico may be in the same state as Alexandria, but it's
an hour or so away -- more if the traffic is bad. It also
depends on what part of Alexandria you're talking about.  If
you haven't run into it yet, you will --  the Washington-
Baltimore area is one of thse places where, when you ask "how
far is it?", the answer is in units of time, not distance.
Last time I lived up there, my commute to work was 1-1/2
hours each way by car, 2 hours by public transportation. The
distance was 21 miles. (Bowie to Crystal City, crossing two
state lines, going through DC, which was the fastest but not
shortest way.)

   Maybe now would be a good time to point out that the
Virginia-Maryland-DC-Delaware area could sustain a Regia
group...

-- Tracie/Signy