[Regia-NA] FW: Fossilized feces are a veritable trove of human DNA

guthrum guthrum at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jun 27 06:05:48 EDT 2004

> Only the English would think of having scratch and sniff cards
> made from genuine [reconstituted] Viking -pongs- for sale at York,
> or a giant Viking Pong on display, recently in need of urgent
> repair according to an internet archaeology article, as all the
> sniffing likely dessicated and crumbled it.

Maybe, but North of the Border some folk were known to pass a piece of moss
round visiting school classes at the Whithorn Dig, and only *after* they'd
all handled it did we tell them that it was used Viking loo-roll, recovered
from a pit, and that you could see the fruit pits in it !  :o)

aaah, the joys of interactive archaeology.

Guthrum