[Regia-NA] FW: Fossilized feces are a veritable trove of human DNA

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Sat Jun 26 08:39:07 EDT 2004

Jeanne/ VÖRÖSHAJÚ SOFFYA (a northern Atlantian of a newly nearly
unpronouncable titular? name) posted:

It's Hungarian for Soffya the Red-Haired.

> "The thing that diabetes and ancient sh **  have in common is that they
> produce condensation products because of excess sugar,"

 > "A bone now is completely boring to me," Dr. Poinar says. "Because the
 > bone gives the DNA of the organism itself, but the coprolite gives the
 > DNA of the organism, what it ate, of any parasites he may have
 > harboured. I mean it's a plethora of information."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040619/POOP
19/TPScience/

Thank you for the link, I finally had my curiosity sated as
to why diabetics lose their feet and lower limbs. I wondered.
A sad fact indeed. Never thought to be coarse enough to ask one.
I'm hyperglycemic myself but not a diabetic yet.
Hope I don't become one.

Same here, but I loved the rest of your email.  But then I AM considered
weird.

Soffya