[Regia-NA] Geteld illustration

Tracie Brown trbrown at uga.edu
Fri Jun 4 07:30:51 EDT 2004

Socks? High boots? Capris? I can't tell, but in the picture
preceeding this one, the young lad seems to be wearing a
fancier version of it/them.
http://www.uni-
tuebingen.de/mittelalter/personen/schmitz/vl9798/moench.htm

And on another picture from the same site, the two guys
presenting the book are wearing what looks a lot like those
leg-binding things that I forget the name of, and the bishop
has knotted his stole in a particularly jaunty manner.
http://www.uni-
tuebingen.de/mittelalter/personen/schmitz/vl9798/ren1.htm
I've never seen the leg bindings on an ecclesiastic, and I've
never seen the knotted stole, either. Not that I've looked
very carefully for these things ...

-- Tracie/Signy