[Regia-NA] Geteld Poles

Patchett patchett at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 1 20:52:54 EDT 2004

Greetings from Canada.

I need to replace the tent poles for our Geteld, having had one of the
existing poles split this past weekend. ( the spruce prototypes )

I'm planning to buy ash lumber, about 2 1/2" X 1 1/2" rectangular, and
planing the corners so that they are more "octagonal" in shape.

We are thinking about decorating the uprights by painting them a solid
colour ( probably white ) and then adding a vine pattern
on one of the long sides.  We are planning to leave the ridge pole
plain, save for the ends where they stick out of the tent, which will
have Bayeux-tapestry style beasts.

Does this fit with Regia's current picture of what a Geteld should look
like?  Any suggestions or comments are welcome, but we need to buy new
wood soon, so the poles can be ready for 2 weekends from now.

Thanks,
-Mark Patchett, Wynmerestow ( Ontario, Canada )
http://www.regia.ca

PS: there are some tent photos here
http://www.regia.ca/images/fitp/index.html