[Regia-NA] Swatch Book

Steve Etheridge seibhyrt at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 06:15:54 EDT 2004

>From: Folo Watkins
>It occurred to me that a swatch book of acceptable fabrics--as well as
>unacceptable fabrics to be avoided--would be an excellent resource for new
>members. Being rather limited in textile knowledge, I feel inadequate to
>creating such a thing. Does anyone have them or would be able to assemble
>such a swatch book? For that matter, my wife gave away her old dye wheel,
>with yarns dyed to various colors from natural dyes. Is such a thing
>available anywhere?

Hi, Folki

Hazel Uzzel has been sending me photocopies of authentic weaves for the last
year or so.  The advantage of photocopies is that
1) They can be expanded to see the weave more clearly
2) it's a hell of a lot easier to produce and distribute to as many people
as possible.

this (combined with the DMC colour chart (sans samples) will form an
appendix to the authenticy regulations.  However, in the meantime it should
be possible to put the weaves up on the website near to the colour chart.
By combining the two, it should be possible to get the correct weave in the
correct colour.  I'm a bit snowed under at the moment - remind me in a few
weeks time!

Steve